Hi! Thanks for stopping by.
Maine Street Studio is located on the corner on Indiana Avenue and Maine Street, Des Moines, Iowa. Photographers, videographers and designers began using the amazing space and light here in 2012.
Central Iowa’s premiere urban loft photography studio setting, with high ceilings, original wood floors and north facing floor-to-ceiling windows. The studio gives the perfect light any time of day. You have 3200 square feet and widely spaced structural beams give your images an urban feel. Or mix it up and take advantage of the wide clear span for a sense of openness. The retro wood and brick stairwell can add a unique setting for portraits and if you have big props, the freight elevator is just steps away.
By the numbers:
We are1 blocks north of University Avenue, just off the 2nd Avenue I-235 exit.
We are 4 minutes to East Village.
We are 15 minutes to Des Moines International Airport.
Walking distance to Scooters coffee.
- 3200 square feet (about the size of a high school basketball court)
- 12 foot ceilings
- Open floor space
- Amazing natural light from north facing glass block windows
- Raw loft look and feel, with air conditioning, heat, and 110 / 220 electric
- Video monitor
- Separate bathroom and changing area
- Clothing Steamer & wardrobe rack
- Grip cart with gaff tape, clamps, extension cords, power strips
- 20 foot wide grey wall
- 20 foot wide white wall
- Ceiling mounted seamless backdrops 107″ wide. White and black, other colors available
- 8 foot V flats, reflectors and portable backdrops
- Lighting rental available